Geotech GeoSorb Sock
The GeoSorb is designed to recover hydrocarbons from 2" or 4" and larger wells. The GeoSorb System consists of a stainless steel screened cage assembly and a product selective absorbent.
The system is lowered down the well where it passively absorbs free product.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for 2" or 4" and larger wells.
- Designed to recover the product, not the water.
- Absorbent sock refills available in cases of 12, or individually.
- Heavy-duty #304 stainless steel screen assembly.
- Teflon™ coated stainless steel hanger.
- Ballast weight for optimal submergence.
- nsert sock into stainless steel screen assembly.
Do not lower sock down well without screen assembly.
- Attach safety cable or cord to the hanger on the screen assembly.
- Slowly lower into the well to maximize exposure to product layer.
In long-term applications, set unit to accommodate water level fluctuations over the full length of screened assembly.
- Retrieve screen assembly, remove used sock, dispose according to local ordinances.
|Product Specifications||2" GeoSorb||4" GeoSorb|
|Screen Dimensions||44.5mm x 91.4cm||93.2mm x 91.4cm|
|Empty Weight||1.73 lbs. (.78 kg)||5.19 lbs. (2.35 kg)|
|Rated Absorption||(.68L) per sock||(2.65L) per sock|
|Absorbent Sock Material||Polypropylene||Polypropylene|