The Heron Dipper-T water level meter is a superior instrument providing exceptional value. This instrument has been redesigned with a touch panel electronics module that makes it easy to operate, even with gloves on. It also has a new fully integrated drawdown module which makes it easy to switch between static (normal) mode and drawdown mode at the flick of a switch. Many years of field experience have enabled Heron Instruments to design and build water level meters that are rugged, reliable and user friendly.
The Heron Dipper-T water level meter has been designed to provide a long and reliable service life – and we back up our claims with a 5 year warranty. Accuracy begins with a top quality, heavy duty tape. Each tape is tested by the manufacturer to ensure compliance with appropriate ASME standards. These tough tapes have a breaking load of over 150kg (300lbs). The tape is made from high tensile steel, ensuring resistance to stretching even at abnormal loads.
Everything on the unit from the ergonomic vinyl carry handle to the easy clean, full depth stainless steel probe has been carefully designed to give you the very best water level meter. And yes, this is a precision instrument and as such each unit includes a sturdy padded nylon carrying bag.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to read accurate heavy-duty polyethylene jacketed tape with stainless steel conductors.
- All tape scales are printed beneath the jacketing ensuring long life and readability.
- Field replaceable IP68 rated probe.
- Strong, flexible link attaches cascade-proof 16mm (5/8″) diameter probe to the tape, providing tape protection at this vital junction.
- Water and dust proof encapsulated electronics on a removable front panel that houses the single 9V battery drawer, audible and light signal, sensitivity control and circuit test button.
- Durable UV and high impact resistant engineered plastic reel with all stainless steel fittings.
- “Third Hand” feature on casing allows unit to be suspended on well while test results are recorded.
- Polyester coated steel frame with a comfortable ergonomic vinyl grip and large convenient reel lock.
- The standard tapes are marked in meters and mm.
- 5 year limited warranty.
- Carrying bag and tape guide included.
- Note: 150m (400ft) and longer models have polyester coated aluminium reels for lightness.
- Narrow 10mm (3/8″) diameter probe available to order.
- Kynar® and Tefzel® jacketed tape to special order.
- Monitoring the depths of groundwater in environmental monitoring wells.
Technical Specifications (based on models with up to 100m tape)
|Reel weight||2kg (5lbs)|
|Tape per 30m (100ft)||0.45kg (1lb)|
Heron dipper-T water level meters are available in the following lengths and include a carry bag as standard.
- Heron Dipper T: Product Brochure (278 KB)