PPB RAE 3000
PPB RAE 3000
The ppbRAE 3000 is the most advanced handheld volatile organic compound (VOC) on the market. Its Photoionization Detector’s (PID) extended range of 1 ppb to 10,000 ppm makes it an ideal instrument for applications from HazMat/Homeland Security, industrial hygiene, to Indoor Air Quality and military applications.
The RF modem allows real-time data transmissions with a base controller located up to 500 feet (or two-miles with optional RAELink2 portable modem) away from the ppbRAE 3000 detector. A personal computer can be used as the base station for a ppbRAE 3000 system. The standard ProRAE Remote software is capable of monitoring the input of up to 64 remotelylocated monitors like ppbRAE 3000, or AreaRAE, etc.
Features & Benefits
- The Patented Sensor provides the following unique features:
- 3-Second response time
- Range up to 10,000 ppm with improved linearity
- Humidity compensation with inbuilt humidity and Tempreature Sensors
- Real-time Wireless data transmission with built-in RF modem or Bluetooth
- Easy access to lamp and sensor in seconds without tools
- Big graphic display for easy overview of ga type and concentration
- Field-interchangeable battery pack, replacable in seconds without tools
- Integrated flashlight for better visibility in low light
- User Friendly screens including plot view chart
- inbuilt full RAE Systems 350 compounds correction factors list measure more chemicals than any other PID
- Multi-language support with 10 languages encoded
- Rugged housing withstands use in harsh environments
- View real-time sensor data and alarm status at headquarters or command Center
- Duty-cycling™ lamp and sensor autocleaning technology
- Tough, flexible inlet Flexi-Probe™
- Large keys are operable with 3 layers of gloves
- Strong, built-in sample pump draws up to 100′ (30m) horizontally or vertically
- Loud, 95 dB audible alarm
- Bright red flashing visible alarm
- Interchangeable drop-in Lithium-ion and alkaline battery packs
- Charging cradle doubles as an eternal battery charger
- Compatible with AutoRAE calibration station
- ProRAE Remote software simutaneously controls and displays readings for up to 64 remote detectors
- License free, ISM band RF transmission with communcation range up to 500 feet, or 2 miles with optional RAELink III modem.
- Optional RAELink III modem provides GPS capability to track and display readings from remote detectors as well as 2 miles long distance transmission
- 3-year 10.6 eV lamp warranty
|Size||25.5cm x 7.6cm x 6.4cm|
|Sensors||Photolonization sensor with standard 10.6eV lamp or optional 9.8eV or 11.7 eV lamps|
|Battery||Rechargeable, external field-replaceable Lithium-Ion battery pack and Alkaline battery adapter|
|Operating Hours||16 hours of operation (12 hours with alkaline battery)|
|Display Graphic||4 lines, 28 x 43mm, with LED back light for enhanced display readability|
|Keypad||1 operation and 2 programming keys, 1 flashlight on/off|
|Direct Readout||Instantaneous reading of:|
|VOCs as ppm by volume|
|STEL and TWA|
|Battery and shutdown voltage|
|Date, time and tempreature|
|Alarms||95dB buzzer (at 30cm) and flashin red LED to indicate exceeded preset limits|
|High: 3 Beeps and flashes per second|
|Low: 2 beeps and flashes per second|
|STEL and TWA: 1 beep and flash per second|
|Alarm latching with manual override or automatic reset|
|Additional diagnostic alarm and dsplay message for low battery and pump stall|
|Datalogging||Standard 6 months at one-minute intervals|
|Calibration||Two-point calibration or Three-point callibration for zero and span. Calibration memory for 8 calibration gases, alarm limits, span values and calibration dates|
|Sampling Pump||Internal, integrated flow rate at 500cc/min|
|Sample from 30m horizontally and vertically|
|Low Flow Alarm||Auto shut-off pump at low-flow condition|
|Communication||Download data and upload instrument set-up from PC through charging cradle or soptional Bluetooth|
|Wireless data transmission through built-in RF modem|
|Frequency||902 to 928 MHz (license-free), 2.400 to 2.4835 GHz (license-free), 433MHz, 869MHz|
|RF Range||up to 500 (900MHz, 433MHz, 869MHz), extendable with RAELink3 Repeater to 2 miles|
|Tempreature||-20° to 50°C|
|Humidity||0 to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)|
|Attachments||Durable black rubber boot|
|Warranty||Lifetime on non-consumable components (per RAE Systems standard warranty), 3 year for 10.6 eV lamp, 1 year for pump and battery|
- Soil and water headspace analysis.
- Leaking underground storage tanks.
- Perimeter fence line monitoring.
- Fugitive emissions (USEPA Method 21).
- Vapor recovery breakthrough.
- Landfill monitoring.
- Initial PPE (personal protective equipment) assessment.
- Leak detection.
- Perimeter establishment and maintenance.
- Spill delineation.
- Confined space entry.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
- Worker exposure studies.
- ppbRAE 3000: Data Sheet (708 kB)
- ppbRAE 3000: User Manual (285 kB)
- RAE Systems Technical Note: PID Correction Factors (153 kB)