The VRAE is a powerful hand held one-to-five combustible gas monitor with built-in sampling pump and optional data logging.
Sensors include new RAE dual range 0-100% Volume and 0-100% LEL, oxygen, and three or four smart, interchangeable toxic sensors may be added. The dual range combustible sensor can monitor explosive gases in an oxygen-free environment at percent-by-volume levels – regardless of oxygen levels.
The VRAE is capable of monitoring either combustibles, oxygen and three toxic gases or combustibles and four toxic gases. Its durable Nickel-Metal-Hydride batteries, powerful internal pump and rugged frame make it ideal for leak detection and site surveys.
Available Toxic Sensors include:
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Hydrogen sulfide (H2S)
- Sulfur dioxide (SO2)
- Nitric oxide (NO)
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- Chlorine (Cl2)
- Ammonia (NH3)
- Hydrogen cyanide (HCN)
- Phosphine (PH3)
- Ethylene Oxide
Features & Benefits
- Large, alarm-activated back light LCD display.
- Visual flashing alarm.
- Large keys are usable even with 3 layers of gloves.
- 16,000 data points download to PC.
- Snap-in, field replaceable rechargeable battery with up to 10 hours of continuous operation.
- Protected from portable radios.
- Internal sample draw pump for quick response and remote sampling.
- Smart battery charging with status indication and LED indicator.
- 48 built-in correction factors for LEL sensors.
- Rigid inlet probe & collection port.
- 4 toxic sensor version.
- Rubber protective boot.
- Refineries and petrochemical plants.
- Cable vaults, transformer stations.
- Waste water treatment plants.
- Marine and off shore oil wells.
- Landfill operations.
- Fire departments.
- Confined Space Entry.
- Trenches, Silos and Railcars.
- Food processing, refrigeration, decomposition, processing off gassing, poultry farms.
|Gas||Nominal Range||Extended Range||Resolution||Response Time|
|Combustible||0-100% LEL||1%||15 sec|
|0-100 VOL||1%||21 sec|
|Oxygen (O2)||0- 30%||0.1%||15 sec|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO)||0 – 500 ppm||1500 ppm||1 ppm||40 sec|
|Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)||0 – 100 ppm||500 ppm||1 ppm||35 secs|
|Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)||0 – 20 ppm||150 ppm||0.1 ppm||35 secs|
|Nitric Oxide (NO)||0 – 250 ppm||1000 ppm||1 ppm||30 secs|
|Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)||0 – 30 ppm||150 ppm||0.1 ppm||25 secs|
|Chlorine (Cl2)||0 – 10 ppm||30 ppm||0.1 ppm||60 secs|
|Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN)||0 – 100 ppm||100 ppm||1 ppm||200 secs|
|Ammonia (NH3)||0 – 50 ppm||200 ppm||1 ppm||150 secs|
|Phosphine (PH3)||0 – 5 ppm||20 ppm||0.1 ppm||60 secs|
- VRAE: Product Specifications (678 KB)
- VRAE: User Manual (3.17 MB)
- VRAE: Confined Space Entry (138 KB)
- VRAE: Exporting Data to Microsoft Excel (49 KB)
- VRAE: Sensor Specifications and Cross Sensitivities (105 KB)
- VRAE: Correction Factors for Combustible Gases (LEL) Sensors (167 KB)
- VRAE: Handling LEL Sensor Poisons (36 KB)
- VRAE: Intrinsic Safety in Hazardous Conditions (162 KB)