The MultiRAE Plus combines a PID (Photoionization Detector) with the standard four gases of a confined space monitor (O2, LEL, and two toxic gas sensors) in one compact monitor with sampling pump. Like the LeathermanTM tool, the MultiRAE Plus gets the job done in more circumstances than any other gas detector. With more than 10,000 units in the field today, its versatility makes it the gas meter of choice for some of the highest profile HazMat/WMD teams in the United States. The MultiRAE Plus is quickly and easily changed from a sophisticated technician instrument to a simple text-only monitor. The same monitor can be used as a personal monitor, a hand-held sniffer, or as a continuous operational area monitor.
The MultiRAE Plus detector can be made wireless with the use of RAELink2. This allows real-time monitoring information from the detector to be integrated into an existing AreaRAE system. A wireless, RF (radio frequency) modem allows detectors equipped with Firmware version 1.20 or higher to communicate and transmit readings and other information on a real-time basis with a remotely located AreaRAE base controller up to two miles away.
Features & Benefits
- O2, LEL, PID, and any two plug-in “smart” toxic sensors: CO, H2S, SO2, NO, NO2, Cl2, HCN, NH3, PH3
- 0-2,000 ppm measurement of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) with 0.1 ppm resolution
- Measure more chemicals than with any other PID: With over 60 Correction Factors built into the MultiRAE Plus memory and the largest printed list of Correction Factors in the world (300+), RAE Systems offers the ability to accurately measure more ionizable chemicals than any other PID!
- Drop-in Battery: When work schedules require putting in more hours than the 14 hours supplied by the advanced Lithium ion (Li-ion) battery, the drop-in alkaline pack supplied with every MultiRAE Plus allows you to finish the job.
- User friendly screens make it easy to use for simple applications and flexible enough for sophisticated options.
- Rugged Rubber Boot assures that the MultiRAE Plus survives the bumps and knocks of tough field use.
- Strong, built-in sample pump draws up to 100 feet (30m) horizontally or vertically.
- Large external filter and automatic low flow alarm protect the MultiRAE Plus from damage.
- Large keys are operable even with 3 layers of gloves
- Easy-to-read display with backlight
- Store up to 80 hours of data at one minute intervals for all 5 sensors for download to PC (with the optional datalogging).
- Loud audible alarm that varies for different alarm conditions and an optional external vibration alarm for noisy areas
- Access sensors and battery in seconds with the new, improved case
|Size||11.8 x 7.6 x 4.8cm|
|Weight||454g with battery|
|Sensors||Up to 5 Sensors including:|
|Photoionization detector for VOCs, 10.6eV lamp standard|
|Protected catalytic bead for combustible gases|
|Interchangeable electrochemical sensors for oxxygen and toxic gases (2)|
|Battery||Interchangeable Li-ion and alkaline battery packs|
|Rechargeable units include Lithium-ion battery pack with internal smart charging, 120V AC/DC wall adapter, and spare alkaline battery pack|
|Operating hours||14 hours continuous with Li-on (Typical)|
|Unit will run and charge simultaneously|
|Display||2 LIne, 16 Digit LCD with LED backlighting automatically in dim light or alarm condition|
|Keypads||1 operation and 2 programming keys|
|Direct Readout||Instantaneous values (up to 5):|
|Oxygen as percentage by volume|
|Combustible gas as percentage of lower explosive level (LEL)|
|Toxic gases and VOCs as parts per million by volume (VOC scaleable using correction factors)|
|High and low values for all gases|
|STEL and TWA values of toxic gases and VOCs|
|Battery and shut down voltage|
|Date, time, elapsed time, tempreature|
|Alarms||9 dB Buzzer and flashing red LED to indicate exceeded preset limits|
|High: 3 beeps and flashes per second|
|Low: 2 beeps and flashes per second|
|STEL and TWA: 1 beep and flash per second|
|Automatic reset or latching with manual override|
|Additional Diagnostic alarms and display messages for low battery and pump stall|
|IP Rating||IP-55: Protected against dust, protected against low pressure jets of water from all directions|
|Datalogging & Communication||Optional 80 hours, 5 channels at one minute intervals download to PC with serial number of unit, user ID, site number, and calibration date|
|Calibration||Two-point field calibration for zero span gas|
|Sampling Pump||Internal two-speed pump. Flow rates:|
|Low: = cc/min|
|High: = cc/min|
|Low Flow Alarm||Auto shut-off pump at low flow condition|
- Soil and water headspace analysis.
- Leaking underground storage tanks.
- Landfill monitoring.
- Initial PPE (Personal protective equipment) assessment
- Leak Detection
- Perimeter establishment and maintenance
- Spill delineation
- Shipyard and marinitime confined spaces with diesel fuel
- pulp and paper industry for confined space entry in turperntine environments
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)