DustTrak 8520 Aerosol Dust Monitor – Rental Only
DustTrak 8520 Aerosol Dust Monitor
Please note the 8520 Model is only available for hire, as it’s no longer manufactured. For current Dust Monitors available for purchase please see DustTrak Model 8530
The DustTrak 8520 dust monitor is a portable, battery-operated laser photometer with real-time mass concentration readout and data logging capability. The monitor provides reliable exposure assessment by measuring particle concentrations corresponding to respirable size, PM10, PM2.5 or PM1.0 size fractions.
Suitable for clean office settings as well as harsh industrial workplaces and outdoor applications, the aerosol monitor detects potential problems with airborne contaminants such as dust, smoke, fumes and mists. The DustTrak 8520 aerosol monitor is easy to use. You can perform quick spot checks or program the advanced logging modes for long-term unattended sampling.
For outdoor applications, the unit is available with an Environmental Enclosure, or for remote applications we have the ECO Dust Management Station which incorporates a solar powered, remote telemetry system with SMS alarms.
Features & Benefits
- Integrated pump allows use of size-selective aerosol inlet conditioners.
- Measure particle concentrations corresponding to respirable, PM10, PM2.5 and PM1.0 size fractions.
- Displays real-time concentration (mg/m3) during sampling.
- Display statistics: max, min. and average readings and elapsed time.
- Alarm set point from 0.002 to 100 mg/m3.
- Analogue output allows remote access to real-time particle concentration data.
- Sheath air system keeps optics chamber clean for improve reliability and low maintenance.
- Pre-program, analyse data, print graphs and create report with TRAKPRO™ Data Analysis Software.
- Ambient/work area monitoring.
- Site perimeter monitoring/environmental sampling.
- Indoor air quality studies.
- Engineering studies.
- Outdoor unattended environmental monitoring (requires either the environmental enclosure or the ECO Dust Management Station ).
|Sensor type||900 light scattering|
|Range||0.001 to 100 mg/m3|
|Resolution||1% or reading of 0.001 mg/m3 which ever is larger|
|Particle size Range||0.1 to approximately 10 micrometers|
|Flow rate||Adjustable 1.4 to 2.4 lpm, (1.7 nominally)|
|Operating Temp||00C to 500C|
|Operating humidity||0 to 95% rel hum. (non condensing)|
|Time constant||Adjustable from 1 to 60 seconds|
|Data logging||31,000 data points, (21 days of logging once/min)|
|Logging interval||From 1 sec to 1 hour, adjustable|
|Size||225 x 150 x 90 mm, 2 kg|
|Power||AC adapter included; Four C size batteries included; Battery run time, 16 hours|
|Analogue output||Analogue output for external data monitoring : 0 to 5 volt|
|Alarm output||Type analogue MODFET switch Setpoint range: 0.010 to 100 mg/m3 Connector 4-Pin, Mini-Din connector|
- DustTrak 8520: Product Brochure (131 KB)
- DustTrak 8520: Operations Manual (1.27 MB)
- DustTrak 8520: General Indoor Air Quality Measurements (699 KB)